July 2022 Update
If you’re planning to visit the Philippines soon, you’re in luck! The Philippines is now opening its doors to FULLY VACCCINATED tourists/nationals from FROM ALL COUNTRIES. You only need to be fully vaccinated with a booster shot to come without PCR test or quarantine!
To enter the Philippines:
- Fully vaccinated/ 1 dose of Johnsons or 2 dose of other recognized vaccine. You need to have an accredited antigen test 48 hours before departure or a PCR test 72 hours before departure.
- Fully vaccinated/ 1 dose of Johnsons or 2 dose of other recognized vaccine plus a booster shot. You don’t need any tests.
- Register and get a QR code on https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/. This registration is for free and no need to pay anything.
- Get your tickets and FLY to the Philippines!
What are the guidelines to visit the Philippines for foreigners?
In order to be able to visit the Philippines, a foreigner needs to have the following guidelines based on the IATF-EID.
- A national from a visa-free countries will be allowed to enter the Philippines, provided that their passports are valid for at least six months at the time of arrival, and they possess outbound tickets to their country of origin or next country of destination.
- The foreigner must also carry proof of vaccination against COVID-19 that are recognized by the IATF-EID. They include certificates of vaccination issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), VaxCertPH of the Department of Health (available at https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph), and a national/ state digital certificate of a foreign government which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement unless otherwise permitted by the IATF. You also need to have had a booster shot in order to enter without a PCR or antigen test.
- The IATF Resolution No. 159 also states that travelers need to monitor themselves for seven days and subsequently report to the local government if they have symptoms.
What are the rules for unvaccinated tourists/Filipinos to visit the Philippines?
Unvaccinated Filipinos and foreigners who want to visit the Philippines and whose status could not be validated needs to follow these guidelines:
- Take an RT-PCR test within 48 hours before departure
- Go through facility-based quarantine for five days. After that, they need to undergo home quarantine until the 14th day from arrival at their own cost.
- Children below 12 years old who cannot be vaccinated will follow quarantine protocols of the accompanying adult traveling with them.
Which countries are in the visa-free list for visit to the Philippines?
ALL NATIONALS FROM ALL COUNTRIES ARE NOW ALLOWED TO VISIT THE PHILIPPINES.
Additionally, there are also replacement visas that can be used by some other citizens. Like nationals from China traveling as tourists and holding valid visa issued by Australia, Canada, United States or a Schengen Area may enter and stay without a visa for up to 7 days.
This is an ongoing development in the travel to the Philippines. We will update you as soon as we have more information.
Meanwhile, read on our article of How to Plan Your trip to the Philippines and the top 20 best places you need to visit when you are here!
Did we miss anything else? Let us know in the comments!
Have you got any questions about traveling to the Philippines? Join our Philippines Travel Planning FB Page to get your answers.
Don’t know how to start planning your Philippines trip? You can start here.
Angie is a travel consultant and blogger who has started by writing her travel memoirs on her blog and then got published on international travel sites. She’s now focused on creating in-depth travel itinerary and articles about planning trips to the Philippines.