The capital city of the Philippines is the City of Manila. If you’re flying into the Philippines, you usually arrive in Manila. This city will be your first introduction to the Philippines. However, I wouldn’t recommend staying here for more than 2 days. You can even fly in and fly out to more amazing places below. If you do spend a day, make sure to check out the walled city of Intramuros and experience the night life of Makati.
There are many attractions in Manila, Philippines and they all depend on what you want to experience. As the capital city, you will be able to experience the best nightlife, malls and shopping centers and food joints.
We are currently developing our FREE 2-week itinerary guide. If you would like to be the first to get it, check it out here.
The following attractions are great to check out:
- Visit the walled City of Intramuros
- Get to know Philippines National Hero at Rizal Park
- Check out the National Museum
- Indulge your appetite in Binondo
- Check out all the shopping malls in Manila – Mall of Asia
- Get on the local Jeepney and tricycle
- Explore the various universities in Manila
- Go around BGC – Bonifacio Global City for its vibe
- Join a day trip from Manila to Corregidor or Tagaytay
There are many high-end hotels and accommodations in Manila. The following are areas which we recommend for you to check out or find your accommodations.
How to Travel to Manila
Manila has international flights coming in from different parts of the world. To travel to Manila, you will have to fly in from your nearest airport and choose to fly to Ninoy Aquino International Airport – the main airport in Manila.
From the airport, we recommend to book your Grab taxi/car online or at the Grab taxi booth which you can find outside when you get out of the airport building.
Have you got any questions about traveling to the Philippines? Join our Philippines Travel Planning FB Page to get your answers.
Don’t know how to start planning your Philippines trip? You can start here.